|Back to Faculty Directory|
Research Assistant Professor
Computer Science Department
1422 Computer Science
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-4400
Phone: (631) 632-7604
Web Accessibility, Web Content Analysis, Crowdsourcing, Web Automation, Human Computer Interaction Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Data Mining, Applications of Machine Learning.
Dr. Borodin is well known for his research on computational methods and non-visual interfaces for improving Web Accessibility. Yevgen Borodin obtained his Ph.D. and M.S. in Computer Science from Stony Brook University in 2009 and 2005; B.Tech. in Web Development from Alfred State College of Technology in 2003.
Yevgen Borodin's current research works include:
- Context analysis in relevant information searching
- Context in process models for non-visual online transactions
- Personalized lifelong learning for non-visual online transactions
- Web page segmentation, partitioning, summarization, and labeling
- Improving accessibility of dynamic content in Web pages
- Navigation strategies in Non-Visual browsing
- HTML form analysis and non-visual filling
- VoiceXML dialog generation and dialog selection
AWARDS & ACTIVITIES
Recipient of close to $4M dollars in U.S. federal research grants, President’s Award for Distinguished Doctoral Students (2010), 1st place winner of the 2007 ACM International Graduate Student Research Competition, Co-author of over 30 publications on various aspects of web accessibility, with several best papers awards.
Dr. Borodin served on program committees for numerous conferences and journals.