Hui Kang PhD
Department of Computer Science
Stony Brook University
email: hkang at cs stonybrook edu
a PhD candidate in the
Computer Science Department of Stony Brook University; this is my 4th
year. My research interests include resource virtualization and its
deployment in cloud computing, management and performance modeling of
cloud applications. I am working under the direction of Jennifer Wong.
Since 2010 I spent some time doing intern at NEC Lab and VMware. I also
actively collaborate with Radu Sion.
*All are in the Computer Science Department.
- Hui Kang, Jennifer Wong, To Hardware Prefetch or Not to Prefetch? A Virtualized Environment Study and Core Binding Approach, 18th International Conference on Architecture Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS), Houston, Texas, 2013. (PDF)
- Hui Kang, Jennifer Wong, vCSIMx86: a Cache Simulation Framework for x86 Virtualization Hosts, 3rd Workshop of Runtime Environments, System, Layering and Virtualized Environments (RESoLVE), Houston, Texas, 2013. (PDF, software download)
- Hui Kang, Xiaoyun Zhu, and Jennifer Wong, DAPA: Diagnosing Application Performance Anomalies for Virtualized Infrastructures, 2nd USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Management of Internet, Cloud, and Enterprise Networks and Services (Hot-ICE), San Jose, California, 2012. (PDF)
Hui Kang, Yao Chen, Jennifer Wong, Radu Sion, and Jason Wu, Enhancement of Xen's Scheduler for MapReduce Workloads, ACM Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing (HPDC), San Jose, California, pages 251-262, 2011. (PDF)
Haifeng Chen, Hui Kang, Guofei Jiang, and Kenji Yoshihira, VCAE: a
Virtualization and Consolidation Analysis Engine for Enterprise Data
International Conference on Self-Adaptive and Self-Organizing Systems
(SASO), Hungary, pages 1-10, 2010.
- Hui Kang, Haifeng Chen, and Guofei Jiang, PeerWatch: a
Fault Detection and Diagnosis Tool for Virtualized Consolidation
Systems, IEEE/ACM International
Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC),
Washington DC, pages 119-128, 2010. (PDF)
Hui Kang and Jennifer Wong, A Localized Multi-Hop
Desynchronization Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE
INFOCOM Mini-conference, Brazil, pages 2906-2910, 2009. (pdf, slides, video) longer version
- Hui Kang, Improving Packet Reception
Performance in High Traffic Sensor Networks, IEEE PerCom Ph.D forum,
Texas, 2009. (pdf, poster)
You may interested in these documents
XubunTOS on VMware
for Fedora 6 and 7
-- A course project report
evaluating ECN and RED.
for 188.8.131.52 working on a Dell Optiplex SATA machine
-- Running Hadoop
-- Add a new system call in 2.6.39 kernel
Last update: March 31, 2013